Thursdays, February 12 and 19, 2015
10:00 am to noon
Two 2-hour sessions
Skills taught in the Beginning Windows seminar, or equivalent knowledge.
- This seminar is an introduction to the Microsoft Office Word ® product on the Personal Computer (PC).
- You will get hands-on practice using the Microsoft Office Word word-processing product.
- You will get examples of how Word can be used in your life and activities.
- The lessons are divided into a two-week seminar.
- You will be given a manual to keep. The manual contains a step-by-step review of the material covered in the class. In addition, the manual contains several standalone sections that will be helpful references as you continue your computer experiences.
- To continue your education, you might consider the Introduction to World Wide Web seminar, or the Simple Record Keeping seminar.
Lesson: Beginning Word Processing
- Review the functions of the keyboard
- Open Word and use some of the basic features of Word
- Learn how to cut, copy, and paste
- Open an existing document
- Use toolbar buttons to format text
- Learn how to delete text
- Save a document that has been edited
Lesson: More Word Features
- Understand the standard and formatting toolbars
- Learn how to change alignment and format text
- Use the spell checker
- Preview a document
- Learn how to adjust margins and document orientation
- Add clip art to your document