Simple Spreadsheets (formerly called Introduction to Spreadsheets)
Thursdays, February 11 and 18, 2016
10:00 am to noon
Two 2-hour sessions
Beginning Windows seminar, or equivalent knowledge
- This seminar is an introduction to the Microsoft Office Excel spreadsheet program and how it will help you with Simple Record Keeping.
- You will get hands-on practice with a spreadsheet computer program.
- You will get examples of how spreadsheets can be used in your life and activities.
- The lessons are divided into two-weeks. Lessons include Simple Record Keeping of Budgets, Addresses and More Uses of Spreadsheets.
- You will be given a manual to keep. The manual contains a step-by-step review of the material covered in the classes. In addition, the manual contains several standalone sections that will be helpful references as you continue your computer experiences.
Lesson: Basics and Simple Record Keeping of Budgets, Addresses, and More
- Become familiar with some of the basic features of a spreadsheet
- Use the mouse to select cells and ranges in a spreadsheet
- Understand formulas and recalculation
- Enter data and formulas in a spreadsheet
- Use the toolbar to format numbers for currency and calculate totals
- Change the data within a cell
- Insert new rows and insert data
- Format fonts and appearance of text
- Save a spreadsheet that has been edited
- Set up a spreadsheet for printing
Lesson: More Uses of Spreadsheet
- Create various types of charts from spreadsheet data
- Use spreadsheet tools to insert a series
- Name a spreadsheet range
- Create formulas
- Use spreadsheets as lists
- Learn to add and delete listings
- Learn how to use pre-programmed templates