Microsoft® Windows 10 Apps
Thursday, October 12, 2017, 10:00 am - noon
One 2-hour session.
$25. Register here.
This seminar is for students who already have a Windows 10 system and are a little familiar with it and ready to learn more about the Apps that come with Windows 10 or can be downloaded from the Store for free. Your questions about Windows 10 are encouraged.
This seminar will help you understand more about the built-in Applications that come with Windows 10 and the ones that are free to download from the Store. Topics covered in the class will be driven by student questions and interest. See "Goals" for a suggested list of apps to be covered. This is not a beginner's class in the basics of the computer.
Some of the Apps that will be covered include the following:
- Photos: An organizer and basic editor for photos and videos files
- Groove: An organizer and player for music files.
- Edge: The new browser of Windows 10 to eventually replace Internet Explorer
- Movies & TV: Watch movies and TV series on your PC
- Cast to Device: Cast photos and videos to a Smart TV (TV with Internet Access)
- Mail: eMail client that comes with Windows 10
- Store: Search and find Apps for Windows 10, Free & Fee
- Tips: Learn to use Help and Tutorials for Windows 10