Microsoft® Windows 10 Introduction
Thursday, January 19, 2017, from 1:00 - 3:00 pm.
One 2-hour session.
$25. Register here.
This seminar is for students who now have, plan to upgrade, or plan to purchase a PC with Windows 10. Or, for those who are just curious about Windows 10. This is not a beginner's class on the basics of the computer.
This seminar will help you understand the new interface in Windows 10. We will cover topics that range from the initial Windows 10 upgrade or setup to the features not found in previous versions of Windows. Our lab systems now have Windows 10 installed. This class includes both lecture and hands-on time. Questions about Windows 10 are encouraged. Topics covered in the class will be driven by students' questions and interest.
From time to time, we also offer a seminar called More Microsoft Windows 10.
- See what's new in Windows 10
- Learn how to set up a new Windows 10 PC
- Learn how to get the free upgrade to Windows 10
- Learn the basic Windows 10 configurations
- Be introduced to "Cortana" and Microsoft Edge (Spartan)
- Learn how to find apps, settings and files on Windows 10
- Learn how to use Help
- Learn about Windows updates and security features