Fences® from Stardock Corporation®
Thursday, April 14, 2016
10:00 - noon
One 2-hour session.
$25 for one seminar. Register here.
Basic computer skills for using a Windows PC. Know how to open and close programs as well as save, save as, and organize folders and files. You should be using any of the following operating systems: Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10.
Ever spend time organizing and grouping all the icons on your desktop only to have them all rearrange themselves, usually all to the left-side of the desktop? Then this is a class for you. Fences® is an economical app ($9.99) from Stardock Corporation that lets you organize and categorize your desktop icons into groups of any size with many personalized settings available; Ex. coloring, transparency, etc. Figure 1 is an example of without and with Fences
Figure 1 - Example of Without and With Fences
- Download and install the trial version of Fences®
- Learn to personalize Fences configuration for you (Figure 2)
- Create new Fences and name them anything you want
- Learn the double-click trick to hide or show all icons with the ability to set selected fences not to be hidden
- Define rules to organize your desktop icons
- Swipe between multiple pages of Fences
- Create a desktop portal from any folder
- Create a Fence where all new icons added to desktop will be placed
- Learn to backup or restore your Fences' setup and layout