"How to Write Your Memoir/Autobiography" or "Word for Writing Family History"
We are offering this seminar twice. Once in February and once in March. Only the names are different. Each seminar is a 2-hour session.
February: How to Write Your Memoir/Autobiography: Tuesday, February 14, 2017, 1:00 - 3:00 pm.
March: Word for Writing Family History: Wednesday, March
29, 2017, 10:00 am - noon.
$25. Register here.
Basic understanding of how to use a PC and Word, along with a desire to document stories of yourself, your family, and your ancestors, for current and future generations.
This is a seminar for those who would like to write a memoir (their's or other's), an autobiography, or a hybrid of the two, and are not sure about how to start or what approach to take. The first hour will be about a suggested approach and methodology to use. The second hour will cover some features in Microsoft Word that will assist you with the layout of a memoir/autobiography. If you are interested in Genealogy (or not), learning how to preserve memories can be very important.
- Understand the difference between a memoir and an autobiography
- Choose to write either a memoir or an autobiography or a hybrid of the two
- Suggestions on how to organize your thought process to begin with
- Create an outline to follow for your various chapters
- Collect stories, images, articles, etc. that you, family and/or friends might possess
- Organize the materials into logical chapters
- Determine the style of writing you want to use and begin typing
- Learn how to set styles in Word for consistency
- Learn how to use Word to create a Table of Content and a Table of Figures
- Learn how to add sequentially numbered captions to images and page numbers in a footer