Printing on Fabric, Tile, and Wood
Monday, March 6, 2017
1:00 - 3:30 pm.
One 2½ hour session.
$25 for one session. Register here. (See notes under Prerequisites.)
This is a lecture and hands-on type class. For this class, we recommend you know how to get online, click to a new Window and use some type of photo editing software. Click and drag and basic Windows operating skills will be used. This class will be primarily lecture with some hands-on practice. If you want to take home a ceramic tile, a fabric sheet and a distressed piece of wood and not buy in bulk, please give $5 to the instructors for their purchase of your materials.
You will need a do it yourself mentality. The projects are easy but be prepared to get your hands messy. If you are ready to start, please bring a photo or two to try out the process.
Preserve your memories on different and interesting types of media, such as fabric, ceramic tile, and wood. This class will walk you through the steps, with lecture, demonstration, and hands-on activities. Expand your creative horizons and have fun.
- This class will walk you through the steps needed to print on other media than paper.
- As a variety of drying times are needed for each project, the start and then the finished product will be demonstrated.
- If you would like to try one of the projects yourself, we have a fabric sheet, a tile and a small piece of wood for you to take home. ( $5 supply fee please)
- This is part of the Preserving Your Memories series on what to do with your digital photos for posterity.
- You will receive a supply list to complete these projects at home.
- In the lab you will learn how to size for the media, prepare your photo, prepare your printer and actually print if you are ready.
- Learn to turn text backwards to make it read "correctly".