What's the Buzz about Social Media?
Wednesday, February 15, 2017
10:00 - noon
One 2-hour session.
$25. Register here.
This is a demonstration/hands-on course. You must have a working knowledge of Windows and the Internet. You will need an email account that you can access from an Internet browser in order to create an account on different social media outlets.
Do you often listen to your friends or grandkids talk about Twitter or Instagram, and wonder what all the fuss is about? This introductory seminar will give you an overview of several different social media sites. It will cover what they are, who uses them, why you might want to set up an account, etc. The class will also cover how to set up an account and customize your privacy settings. You will no longer wonder what the buzz is about, and will have a working understanding of these versions of social media.
In this seminar, you will:
- Review some of the most popular social media sites
- Learn about what they are and who uses them
- Discuss the reasons for setting up an account on these sites
- Create a profile, if desirable
- Learn about the News Feed
- Briefly discuss the risks related to social networking, and how to keep you and your information protected
- Learn about posts (and create some, if there's time)