Creating Artsy Notecards
Wednesday, October 12, 2016
1:00- 3:30 pm
One 2½-hour session
$25 for one seminar. Register here.
This is an intermediate skill level and hands-on type photo software class. For this class, we recommend you know the basics of layering in either Corel Paint Shop Pro or Adobe Photoshop Elements. We will use various plug-ins, such as ones from Topaz Labs (Simplify, Impression and/or Glow) and others. If you don't own any, you can download and practice using them at home for 30 days. All of the plug-ins are available on the classroom PCs. If you haven't yet purchased the plug-in for your home PC, the company discounts might be available.
Everyone likes to receive old fashioned mail, be it a notecard, personal note, or postcard. It can be very easy to take one of your favorite photos and make professional-looking cards that are creative and have your own personal touch. Just use a plug-in from Topaz Labs or other vendors with your photo editor. From the choice of the photo to the printing layout to selecting a fancy font, we will walk you through the entire process, and you will go home with one finished card and a template from which you can create more.
Introduction to some plug-ins and creative card techniques.
- Using creative and artistic Topaz Plug-ins, turn a photo into an artistic drawing or painting using Topaz Glow, Impression or Simplify
- Learn about other plug-ins that are available for your favorite photo editor
- Layer the photo onto a background
- Add a font text message
- Make a notecard or postcard
- Size the card for printing. Methods vary by printer.