Microsoft Word: Beginning
Thursdays, April 13 and 20, 2017
1:00 - 3:00 pm
Two 2-hour sessions
$40. Register here.
Skills taught in the Beginning Windows seminar, or equivalent knowledge.
This seminar is an introduction to the Microsoft Office Word application on a Personal Computer. Microsoft Word is a word-processing application that has many uses for both personal (journals, notes, family history) and business (letters, documents) purposes. You will learn how Word can be used in your life and activities. You will get hands-on practice. Also, you will be given a manual on a DVD or CD to keep. The manual contains a step-by-step review of the material covered in the class as well as several standalone sections that will be helpful references as you continue your computer experiences.
Lesson: Beginning Word Processing
- Review the functions of the keyboard
- Open Word and use some of the basic features of Word
- Learn how to cut, copy, and paste
- Open an existing document
- Use toolbar buttons to format text
- Learn how to delete text
- Save a document that has been edited
Lesson: More Word Features
- Understand the standard and formatting toolbars
- Learn how to change alignment and format text
- Use the spell checker
- Preview a document
- Learn how to adjust margins and document orientation
- Add clip art to your document